Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fall Crops

garden plan

I sketched out a rough garden plan on paper last week, but it got wet and pretty filthy when I tried to refer to it while planting. I came back inside with a soggy mess and a vague idea of where I had planted what. Next season, I'll definitely be doing some laminating. While it was still fresh in my mind, Mason worked out this much nicer, much easier to read garden chart using an Open Office spreadsheet. Because we've yet to mulch out the paths, there are a few mistakes where I planted all the way to the fence line, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue. We've got: spinach, radishes, lettuce, mesclun, carrots, collards, swiss chard, parsley, bok choy, pak choy, kale, peas, onions, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, leeks, beets and kohlrabi. Some of this seed is a little old, so we'll see what comes up and what doesn't. I think we're both just shocked that we got it planted on such short notice. If anything at all actually produces, I'm sure we'll be ecstatic.

-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment